Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 20: "Just For Laughs - The Relationship Edition"

It felt so good to finally finish that enormous post on what I now refer to as "The Big Trip".  It pretty much took me 2 weeks to complete and I still haven't even started an album for Facebook.  Anyway, now that I'm back in Toronto and life is back to normal, I have to keep up my bargain of trying new things here at home.  That's what I did Friday night.

Who doesn't love to laugh?  It's the best way to relieve stress and feel good about life.  I like to think that I have a good sense of humour but not just anyone can make me laugh.  I've been to comedy clubs before and I've watched Just For Laughs on the Comedy Network several times.  It's usually a hit or miss for funny so I didn't have overly high expectations for Friday night's show at Massey Hall, "Just For Laughs- The Relationship Edition".  Here's the line up:  "Last Comic Standing winner John Heffron hosts a line-up featuring Canada's sweetheart Debra DiGiovanni and returning tour favourite Godfrey, along with special guest, SNL alum Jim Breuer."
(http://comedytour.hahaha.com/comics.html)  Go to this site if you'd like more information on each comedian and you can watch video clips of their shows.

The only comedian I actually recognized was Debra DiGiovanni because I've seen her on TV and at a local pub in town called "Spirits" where the up and coming comedians get started or try new material.  However, my favourite of the night was Godfrey.  He was hilarious and stole the show, in my opinion. 

Overall, I really enjoyed myself and I would totally go again.  They exceeded my expectations and that's not an easy thing to do.  If you enjoy a fairly inexpensive night of laughter and fun, go to Just For Laughs.

  John Heffron

  Jim Breuer

  Debra DiGiovanni

  Godfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment