Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Week 49: Waterfront Blues Festival

I'm actually starting to run out of ideas for new things to see and try.  I guess it was bound to happen after 11 months.  My desperation brought me to the Waterfront Blues Festival last Sunday.  I searched and searched for special events in the city and this is the best I could come up with.  The location was convenient, free, and beside the beach.

The Waterfront Blues Festival is an annual event located at Woodbine Park showcasing various artists from May 31 - June 2.  Blues music isn't really my cup of tea, but I don't dislike it the way I feel about jazz.  I got there late Sunday evening and the weather was cold and wet from rain throughout the day.  There were a handful of people still there taking in the live music and trying some food and drinks from the vendors.  They actually had a small carnival set up on the side with a few rides for children, but I don't believe they were running when I was there.  I listened to some band for about 10 minutes, bought a fresh coconut drink (which oddly enough did not taste anything like a coconut), and hightailed it out of there.  It was just too cold and boring for me.






$7 Coconut that tastes like water


This venue will be hosting several special events throughout the summer, perhaps all free.  I know I won't be taking part in the Jazz Festival, however, I may try some delicious ribs at the Rib Fest.  Let's hope that summer will actually arrive so that people can get out and appreciate life.  Enough rain and cold already!

No comments:

Post a Comment