Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 15 Continued: Homemade Cheeseburger

I really love cheeseburgers but I rarely allow myself to have one.  I've been on Weight Watchers for several years now and I swear by it.  It works.  It works.  It works.  What doesn't work is my ability to make one.  I bought the lean ground beef and condiments, but I was too cheap to buy an entire bag of hamburger buns (I only needed one) so that meant I had to use a Weight Watcher bagel as a bun.  Anyway, I knew I was off to a bad start when I realized that the ground beef had a date of best before yesterday.  But I figured that the date is simply their suggestion, right?  I made two snowball sized beef balls and flattened them in the frying pan with my spatula (I saw that cool trick on the Food Network).  I also bought some frozen sliced sweet potatoes to go with my burger so I threw them in a pot (although it said to use a pan; I only have one and that's where the burgers were) to heat up.  I soon discovered that the pot was a bad idea because the sweet potatoes were burning.  So, I dumped them in the pan with the burgers.  Once everything seemed as ready as it'll ever be I plated my food and took this picture:


Kinda sad, isn't it?  The cheeseburger tasted fine but of course all the condiments ran out of the hole in the bagel so that wasn't helpful.  The sweet potatoes were OK at best.  My conclusion to this entire event is that it would be easier to just go to McDonald's.  "I'm lovin' it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment