Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 59: My Final Adventure: Defeating the Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland!

The Final Adventure

I have mixed feelings about this post.  On the one hand, I'm sad that this will be my final entry as my year off has come to an end.  But on the other hand, I'm happy to get back to work and start a new adventure teaching Resource and Kindergarten.  Either way, this is it for my adventure blog at least for awhile.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I invested the time creating it.

Canada's Wonderland

If you ever come to Toronto and want some fun and excitement in the way of thrill rides you should definitely add this place to your itinerary.  I've been to Canada's Wonderland many times and this year I went with a goal in mind - to overcome my fear of Canada's fastest and tallest roller coaster, the LEVIATHAN.  Let me give you a bit of information on this crazy coaster:  top speed 148 km/h, ranked 7th tallest and 8th fastest in the world, 80-degree angle drop from 93m.  If it sounds intimidating you should see it!  It's so large and tall that you can't miss it from the highway and it's easily seen throughout the entire park.  How was it?  Absolutely amazing!  I simply put my head back, held on, and enjoyed the adrenaline rush of complete and utter freedom and invulnerability.  It was exactly what I needed.  I urge anyone who is stressed or overwhelmed with life to ride this monster.  Defeat the beast!







Here's an actual photo of me during the ride.  I'm the one in the middle in green.  If I look like I'm relaxing and sunbathing it's because the Leviathan made me feel so free and invincible.  






Another new ride for me was the Windseeker.  I describe it as an incredibly high swing.  Canada's Wonderland describes it as:  "Towering high above the Park, WindSeeker will ascend 301 feet and spread its metal arms, swinging riders at a 45-degree angle at speeds up to 50 kilometers per hour. WindSeeker will feature 32 two-person swings that will provide riders with a gravity-defying thrill as their feet dangle at heights never experienced before at Wonderland."
The only thrill to this ride is the extreme height and awesome view.  I guess it would be very frightening if you were terrified of heights.  The view was quite enjoyable but nothing I'd rush to return to.  

Windseeker



Victoria Falls & Wonder Mountain


Altogether, a great day was had at Canada's Wonderland.  As for excitement, it never disappoints.  Are you a thrill-seeking adrenaline junkie?  Or, do you prefer to ride the carousel?  Either way, find something that makes you feel good about life and share it with someone you adore.  Life really is too short.  Work hard, play hard, and have no regrets.  I'll see you on the flip side...  



2 comments:

  1. I like the guy in the pic beside you. He is loving life!
    Your old neighbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the secret - love life to the fullest! Btw, you owe me.

      Delete