Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week 36: Pink Pancakes & Chicken

Last month I got the idea of cooking something new with a seasonal theme.  You could say that I had a need for cuisine.  I was shopping at Winners when I came across the cutest Valentine's Day pancake mix and thought it would be perfect for me.  I've never made pancakes before.  This was festive and easy--just add water.  Unfortunately, because I was out of town during Valentine's Day and busy thereafter, I couldn't make my pink love pancakes until last week.  Instead of having the traditional breakfast pancakes I decided to make them for dinner.  You can't have JUST pancakes for dinner so we planned to have chicken with them.  Why chicken with pancakes?  Well, on many episodes of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" they've showcased waffles with fried chicken; so I figured why not pancakes and rotisserie chicken?  It's the same idea, really.  This is a picture of the Winners pancake mix package.



I followed the directions as stated and it was as easy as predicted.  However, I should mention that the pancake batter had a cat food odour.  Does it ever look as pretty as the picture on the box?



The chicken came from Loblaws, by the way.  Of course I did not make it.



It may look and sound like an odd combination, but I have to tell you that it was good!  The pancakes had chocolate chips and the chicken tasted heavenly with a hint of syrup.  Altogether, I rate this as a successful culinary escapade.  One step closer to Top Chef Canada ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment