Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Week 29: Ramsay's Rants

I don't know about you but I often hear myself going off on some rant about some issue that has really gotten under my skin.  I admit that I'm an opinionated person.  I don't think that that's necessarily a bad thing.  I appreciate a person who has a brain and speaks their mind, as long as they have ears and use them to listen to alternative ideas too.  There are definitely two sides to every story.  I have no expectations for followers.  It's just how I feel at that time.  I will speak my mind openly, and by that I mean quite honestly and directly.  Some people actually find those qualities refreshing while others not so much.  Either way it's who I am and how I express myself.

Not long ago I went off on one of those rants about concert tickets I tried to purchase.  What I'm about to say is a loaded controversial topic that people either seem to go totally one way or another.  Here it goes:  I AM A JUSTIN BIEBER FAN.  I am not ashamed of it either.  I have no idea why some people seem to dislike him so much.  I get it if you don't like his music.  Personally, I really enjoy his music.  It's upbeat, fun, and makes me happy and pumped.  I've been fortunate enough to go to many concerts such as:  Lady Gaga, Chris Brown, Mariah Carey, Dolly Parton, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, The Police, Kiss, Madonna, Britney Spears, George Michael, Rihanna, Celine Dion, Lilith Fair, Tragically Hip, Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Black Eyed Peas, Pink, Our Lady Peace, The Cranberries, INXS, Aerosmith, and more I can't think of.  Depending on the artist/band, getting tickets can be relatively easy or as mind blowingly frustrating as trying to get Leafs tickets - impossible!  For the most part though, it's easy.  The only tickets I had serious trouble getting were the Madonna tickets.  Now, I know that Bieber sells out of the Rogers Centre which is a much larger venue than the usual Air Canada Centre.  But, I had hope because I got presale emails with insider info.  First I tried to get presale tickets which were offered for people who joined the Justin Bieber Fan Club.  I figured why not?  If it helps me get tickets.  However, when I attempted to join the fan club I realized that there was actually a fee of almost $100 and that's on top of the ticket price!  So then I waited for the official sale date/time and I was ready at the strike of 10am to be the first to get tickets before they sold out.  Yes, it happens that quickly.  The first time I tried to buy tickets the site crashed; never a good sign.  The second time I attempted, which was seconds later, it stated there were no tickets remaining but I could join an auction that started bids at $175!  I was like, are you *&^%$# kidding me???  What a scam!  I wonder if Justin Bieber is aware of this?  It's fine for me to get annoyed and say forget that.  But what about all those parents out there who have children asking for one thing for Christmas - Justin Bieber tickets?  The cheapest tickets are $58.50.  So they would have to spend perhaps double, triple, or more to fulfil their kid's Christmas wish.  That's just plain horrible!  Shame on Justin Bieber and/or his manager(s).  And if Bieber isn't aware of this issue then it should be brought to his attention.  After all, it was his fans who made him.

Have I given up as a Bieb's fan?  Well, as Bieber himself has sung it many times, "Never Say Never".




No comments:

Post a Comment