Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week 5: Rogers Cup Men's Pro Tennis

An adventure can be anything from food to travel.  So how about sports?  Let's face it.  Getting Leafs tickets is like waiting in line for sold out street meat.  That's why I'm all about experiencing sports that I've never seen live, even if I'm not really interested in them.  You never know until you try.  It's an old but true statement.  I play my own version of tennis about twice a year and it's fun and a great workout. 

The Rogers Cup is being held at York University from Aug. 4 - 12.  I saw a 1st Round match with Canada's own Vasek Pospisil vs. Andreas Seppi from Italy.  Although Seppi is a much higher ranked player, Pospisil came out on top with a great win in what I'd call "overtime".  It was fairly good.  I won't be rushing to go back but it was a neat experience and I'm glad I tried it. 









2 comments:

  1. I love your spirit of adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blogollers are the best!



    *Blogoller- one who follows a specific blog

    (I made it up. Can you tell?)

    ReplyDelete