Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 8 Continued: More Food - Homemade and CNE

Homemade Egg McMuffin, Ramsay Style:

I finally got all the ingredients to put together my fake egg McMuffin.  The only difference is that I used a Weight Watchers bagel instead of an English muffin.  I have to admit that it was very tasty and just as good as a restaurant breakfast sandwich.  Yay for me!  Next I want to try baking something.


More CNE Foods:

After the delicious deep fried Mars bar I had high hopes for more great tasting food inventions.  When you hear "chocolate covered bacon" don't you envision bacon dipped in milk chocolate or something similar?  Well, don't get your hopes up because what I got was 6 pieces of bacon with chocolate sauce poured on top.  What a colossal failure! 



Check out the deals on their menu:  Grand Slam or Breakfast of Champions?




This past weekend the CNE hosted a Food Truck Frenzy featuring 17 food trucks.  I watch "Eat St." on the Food Network and often wish that Toronto had a variety of food trucks that didn't include ice cream or burgers & fries.  So I took advantage of the Food Truck Frenzy and tried 2 new foods:  fish tacos from Buster's Sea Cove and a pulled pork parfait from Hank Daddy's Barbecue. 


Fish Tacos



Pulled Pork Parfait



The pulled pork parfait was actually quite good.  Don't worry it didn't have ice cream.  It's filled with mashed potatoes, pulled pork, and BBQ sauce.  The fish tacos were a let-down though.  The fish was deep fried.  Remember how I feel about things that are deep fried?  You could deep fry dirt and it would taste good.  Deep frying the fish was the quick and dirty way to serve it.  I want healthy, fresh, and tasty fish in my tacos. 

Next weekend I'm off to the CNE for the final time.  My plan of action is to try Korean tacos with pork and kimchi.  I'm pretty sure I'll be getting another deep fried chocolate bar too.  It will have to do until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment