Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 11: Cruising Lake Ontario on a Tall Ship

Ahoy Matey!  This week I tried a Toronto boat cruise on a tall ship called "Kajama".  It's a 165' three-masted schooner that sails on Lake Ontario and Toronto Harbour.  You begin at Queens Quay and sail along the Toronto skyline to about the beginning of Etobicoke and then return.  You even have the option to volunteer with the raising of the sails if you'd like.  I didn't take the year off work to "volunteer" on a boat I paid to get on, so no I didn't play pirate.  They have a licensed bar and hot food menu which we took advantage of.  It's a good job because otherwise I would've been bored out of my mind.  At one point a party boat passed us and I considered walking the plank to join their fun.  In our crew's defense they did sing a nifty song while preparing the sails.  I think they took a wrong turn somewhere though because they kept singing they were bound for Australia.  Overall, this boat cruise was a bit boring for my liking.  Thank God for potato skins and lite beer!










2 comments:

  1. I won't do it then b/c I don't like boredom.
    xo
    Adri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle you provided me with my morning laugh!! Thank you.
    Now I know why pirates took up drinking rum: it was to avoid boredom. At least you had the beer, even though it was lite beer. I would have been going for the hard liquor.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete