Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 13 Continued: Butterflies & Edible Insects

BUTTERFLIES

This weekend I went to the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory.  I thought it would be interesting to compare it to the Niagara Butterfly Conservatory that I've been to several times.  I actually preferred the Cambridge Conservatory because it wasn't very busy and had other pretty living things such as birds, fish, turtles, and a waterfall, pond, and stream.  I think the price was a bit cheaper too; parking is free.  It's so neat to walk around and have butterflies land on you.  I have to admit the first time it happened to me I kinda freaked out with a scream and almost fell over.  Now I'm a pro.  It's also noteworthy to mention that if you want to attract the butterflies you should wear bright colours.  Here are some pics:





EDIBLE INSECTS

I always check out the gift shop at every place I go to because I love to shop.  I was very surprised and intrigued to find various edible insects for sale in the Conservatory's gift shop.  They had chocolate covered insects, sour cream & onion crickets, salt & vinegar crickets, hard candied bugs, and cheddar cheese flavoured larvae.  I thought it would be a neat blogging idea to try some of these bugs.  It's definitely new and adventurous.  I have a picture of the 3 different kinds of bugs I bought and videos of me eating each.  Bon appetit!







Hungry, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment