Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 12: A Rockstar, A Fetish Club & Some Baby Food

Don't be frightened by the title.  Remember what your elders always say, "Don't judge a book by its cover." 

Let's begin with the Rockstar.

Most people have probably tried an energy drink at one point or another.  However, have you ever tried the alcoholic version of one?  That's what I had Friday night.  I'm not a big fan of wine much anymore so my beverage of choice lately has been lite beer and fruity coolers.  I guess that's what I thought this ROCKSTAR VODKA drink would be like, a cooler.  Let me tell you that this drink most certainly does not taste anything like a cooler.  In fact, to best describe its taste I would compare it to cold & flu medicine, and not the warm lemony soothing type.  After every sip of this drink you could hear me say, "Yuck!  Disgusting!" followed by an expletive or two.  It has to go down as one of the most horrible alcoholic drinks I've ever had.  Never again.








Now on to the fetish club.  I had heard of this unique club or lounge called "Oasis" and happened to be walking by its location on Saturday afternoon.  I stopped for kicks to check out their posted advertisements not thinking of course that it might be open at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.  That's when a gentleman walked up to the door and asked if I'd like a free tour.  I was like, "Are you serious???  Um, OK."  I had no idea what to expect and was immediately startled with the nudists sitting at the bar directly inside the doors and then more nudists in the pool on the patio.  I was trying to act all cool and nonchalant when meanwhile I was freaking out and had no idea where to look.  I wanted to capture the place in its entirety because I knew I would never come back.  The first floor was nothing compared to the second and third which included X-rated videos, wall to wall leather sofas, two-way mirror windows, and an S&M room with swings, chains, and something that resembled a Bowflex machine.  I'm still in a state of shock to be perfectly honest.  I'm not going to judge anyone but this place is not for me.  Here's the pics of what I saw outside the club.









Last but not least, the baby food.  I was invited to a baby shower on Sunday.  When the host asked for volunteers with the games I jumped at the new opportunity.  I don't have kids and I know nothing about babies.  So, of course I went to the Internet for game ideas.  I really wanted something interactive so I chose a baby food identification game.  Players had to smell and taste samples of baby food (the best Walmart has be offer) and guess the main ingredients.  I don't think the ladies were much on board with the idea but some gave it their best.  At least it gave them something to talk about.  Here's a sample of one baby food jar and all the labels used.  Hey, if it's good enough for a baby...



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for a great laugh this morning! I'm going to make you take me there next time I'm in TO. (And no, not to Walmart to buy baby food...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thoroughly enjoying your updates on your latest adventures. Did you actually finish the Rockstar? The dichotomy between Oasis and baby showers is great. Indeed a tour would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, guys. And yes I did finish the Rockstar and yes I will definitely take you to Oasis when you visit. You now have plenty of time to gather your leather attire for the occasion.

      Delete
  3. Once again I laughed and laughed. Your visit to the Oasis sounds like quite the experience to say the least!!! You`re one adventuresome lady!!

    ReplyDelete