Things To See And Do

Stay tuned and updated on all my new travels and experiences during the following 14 months.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Week 10: Farewell CNE - From Parking to Food

This weekend was the grand finale to the Canadian National Exhibition featuring Elvis Stojko and the Air Show, not together of course.  I should have known that it would be extremely busy.  I waited in a traffic line up for about 30 min. to find parking and got scammed into paying, wait for it, $30 at Fort York.  Last week they were charging $20 at the same lot which was actually $5 cheaper than what we paid.  The real kicker is that they used their sign to hide the Green P parking sign charging $20 right beside them.  I took photos like a crazy person to show my proof.



I nearly had a mental breakdown after discovering that we could have parked right beside this lot for $10 less!  What a scam.  Fort York should be ashamed of themselves.  A charity, eh?  Here's some charity for you:  DON'T SUPPORT FORT YORK! 

It took me a while to shake off my anger and frustration from the parking fiasco.  But, in some time I got hungry and felt like getting my freaky taste buds on.  Last week I was disappointed by the fish tacos so this time I was ready to try tacos with a Korean twist from "FAREAST TACO".  One taco had beef and the other was pork, both with kimchi and the works.  However, once again I was disappointed.  The pork was better than the beef but neither were anything worth writing home about.  To me mediocre is unworthy.


After the tacos it was dessert time.  Remember how delicious the deep fried Mars bar was?  Well, how about a bacon wrapped deep fried Mars bar?  Yep.  I did it.  If you thought the pics of the fried Mars bar was gross then look away from this one.



This is how I describe the bacon wrapped deep fried Mars bar...  imagine a perfectly accessorized model (that's the deep fried Mars bar) who puts a big ol' sombrero on (that's the bacon wrapped deep fried Mars bar).  It was just too much. 

All in all, from parking to food the weekend to end the CNE was kind of a disappointment.  Good job I don't have to go to work on Tuesday:)


1 comment:

  1. A big ol' sombrero...when did the bacon wrapped deep fried mars bar become Mexican?

    ReplyDelete